Frequently Asked Questions
5.b) Settings For Google Gmail Account Within TeeCal
Last Updated 3 years ago
We often are asked how to setup and use a Google Gmail account in TeeCal. Below you will find the step by step instructions and information you will need to accomplish this.
Note: If you are logged into TeeCal with a user account that as TeeCal Administrator access you will be able to configure the mail for each user account. If you are logged into TeeCal with a non-administrator account then you will only be able to access your own email settings for your own account.
Configure your Google Account to allow connecting from external applications
1. First you have to configure the security settings on your gmail account to allow connecting from an external application (TeeCal).
2. Login to your Gmail account, click the settings icon to the right of your name in the upper right hand corner, then click the My Account link. (see screenshot below)
3. Click the link called Connected apps & sites (see screenshot below)
4. On the Connected apps & sites page, scroll down towards the bottom and you should see a setting called Allow less secure apps. Make sure this setting is turned ON.
Now that you have updated your Google account to allow connections from less secure apps, now you can proceed with connecting your Gmail account within TeeCal.
Configure your Gmail account inside TeeCal
1. Open TeeCal and click Admin button (see screenshot below)
2. Click the Change Email Settings button (see screenshot below)
3. Enter your Google Gmail settings on the Email Settings screen as indicated below. (as seen in screenshot below)
Your Email Address: enter your email address and be sure to include the @gmail.com
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Port #: 587 (this is the most commonly used port for gmail)
Use Secure Connection: SSL
SMTP Server Requires Authentication: Check
Enter only your Google username (do not add the @gmail.com portion)
Enter your Google password
4. Click the Test SMTP Settings button and make sure that the message you receive states that the email test was successful. (see the screenshot below)
5. If the test fails then you may need to try a different combination of port numbers and secure connection combinations. Some other common port numbers are 25, 2525, 587, 465, 3535